Translate

Make Up My Mind


I love roller coasters but I close my eyes
I have a bike I'll never ride
I wear these shoes but they aren't really mine
I'm afraid of the dark but I never turn on my lights

I love the water but I can't swim
I have this map but I've got nowhere to go
I hate the cold but I love the snow
I'm young so why do I feel old?

I'm dissatisfied with my life but I don't want to die
I have lots of friends yet I'm still lonely
I got a quiet voice but I want to be heard
I'm not good with words but I have a lot to say
I don't like hypocrites but I'm one myself



Comments

  1. Beautiful insight, Melissa. You exemplify the mixed emotions of being human and the torn ideas of who we want to be. Save this. You can use this for great things in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your use of words really helps to set the mood and tone for this poem. I love the last line of this poem...makes me think about what you do with your blog. You do have a quiet voice, but your words here can be heard. Keep writing and inspiring others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the thoughtful comment. I had come up with the last line of my poem somewhere during my language arts class and that was really what made me write this poem. My blog has really given me a microphone...a voice. I'm glad you enjoyed my poem.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Asians Can't Drive"

The Perks of Being a Human

Stay, Time! Thou art so Beautiful!

The Heart of a Conquerer

Eyes of the Child