Translate

Surpassing Weaknesses

I am happy with who I am. 

That's the truth. I'm confident in my abilities, and I like who I am as a person. I'm not perfect or anything; actually, in comparison with the rest of the world, I am extremely mundane and average. I don't really have any distinctive characteristics that make me shine brighter than the rest of the world. I'm your average, flawed human with big dreams for the future.


To begin, I'm a coward. This statement is totally contradictory with my previous words of being confident, but it's completely different than what I was talking about then. See, I'm utterly afraid of humiliation. Even the fear itself is shameful. Losing, failure, mistakes, etc., I avoid those with all costs. But I mean, nobody likes to lose. Nobody likes to be jeered. I'm trying to change; I want to be unafraid of making mistakes. I want to because to make mistakes is to grow.

Also, I'm pretty arrogant and domineering. I guess this would be the part of me I dislike the most (contradicting myself again). People who are great and command complete authority, but are humble and friendly - man, I really wish I was like that. I am respected by my peers (I like to think so anyway), and I guess sometimes, I try too hard to prove that I'm worthy of it. And I can be horribly assertive when people challenge that.


All of my weaknesses; I'm humorless, greedy, jealous, nervous, overcritical, naive, and all of that - I know my weaknesses better than anyone, and I've accepted them. Always always always - I will always strive to beat all that negativity down to a bitter pulp, and once I do, I know I will be at peace.

Did I mention I'm disgustingly optimistic?

But that's okay because in my eyes, I'm [imperfectly] perfect and that's what matters - that you're happy with yourself. I'm sure you've heard it before - in order to find happiness in the world, you have to be happy with who you are first. Harmony comes from within.

Make peace with your inner turmoils, and accept who you are. Find people who accept you and cherish them, but never forget to cherish yourself. All of your strengths and weaknesses - they are part of who you are. I've learned that it's okay to have imperfections; they are what make us human.

If you aren't satisfied with yourself, you can always change. Giving up is a coward's choice, so keep striving to become who you want to and only if you want to.


"I'm happy with myself." Everyone should be able to say that.



Comments

  1. I love that you are honest about what you're thinking. Your reflection and transparency about you as a person and your learning is truly incredible for someone your age. You have such insight into life - you amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mr. Storm. Reading your comments always make my day :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Asians Can't Drive"

The Perks of Being a Human

Stay, Time! Thou art so Beautiful!

The Heart of a Conquerer

Eyes of the Child