Translate

Words Rewritten

I have a new life goal to pursue.

Having a permanent footprint doesn't interest me anymore. I realize now how selfish that was. I thought, "Why do I want to help people again? Is it just because I want to be remembered as a hero?"


After a lot of thinking, I came to a simple conclusion; that's not what I want. I just want to help people. I want them to be happy and to live a good life. I don't need a statue in my honor or people to recognize my name. I don't even need gratitude. As long as I can help people and make them truly happy, then I would be satisfied. 

So, here is my new goal:

I want my footprint to walk every single corner of the entire world. And every single place they touch, someone - even if it's just one family - will be changed for the better. Changing the world? Can one person truly do that? Of course not! I don't think a single human being can influence seven billion people. But one human being can influence one or two other human beings. And then they can influence one or two more. A chain will be created and the entire world, like cherry blossoms, will blossom all at once.



But like a cherry blossom tree, it may only be for one fleeting moment. But I'm okay with that. If I can somehow create a chain that will change the world for just one fleeting moment, I'm okay with that. As long as I make a difference in someone's life, I'm okay with that.

I'm only human. Sure, I guess humanity is actually considered superior to most other species, but even so. I'm only human and a very average human being at that. I'm kind of naive. I'm not special in any single way. But you don't need to be special to help others. At least, that's what I think. And I believe it with all I am. But I did just say I'm naive. But is my hopeful way of thinking bad? Is it bad to have hope? ...Never!


My existence will fade as history continues. It'll be like I never existed at all. But when I did exist, I want my existence to be of use to someone, and I want it to leave a permanent footprint on someone's life. I want to douse people in happiness and success! If it's washed away once I die, then so be it! As long as I made people see that anything is possible, as long as I can light a flame of hope inside them, then I'll be satisfied with my existence.

Of course, this might just be arrogance speaking. These are only words after all. Maybe these are just empty words. Maybe I might fail. There is no 100% guarantee. But, I think I can. I hope I can. I sure will try with all my might. True, it is only a dream.

But, once in a while, dreams can turn into reality - if only for a fleeting moment.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Asians Can't Drive"

The Perks of Being a Human

Stay, Time! Thou art so Beautiful!

The Heart of a Conquerer

Eyes of the Child