Translate

The Most Important Things

"In life, never forget these important things:
One, that home is not a place, but a feeling.
Two, that time is not measured by a clock, but by moments.
And three, that heartbeats are not heard, but felt and shared."
- Unknown 

"School is important." "You have to go to college." "You need a job that makes money." These "ideals" have been with me since I first started thinking about what I wanted to do in my future. I understand; money is a necessity for a comfortable life. An ugly kind of necessity, but a necessity nonetheless. And certain things are needed to obtain that necessity. Of course, I haven't exactly decided on a permanent career path ever since those "ideals" started to obstruct my view.

For now, I have decided to leave those things in the future for the future. I'd like to enjoy what is left of my childhood which is slowly coming to an end.



My last year of middle school is soon to be over - the last month filled with an undeniably large amount of cramming, testing, and homework. But the last month is the month that I'm going to enjoy the most. I love this school so much.

More than the building itself, I'm going to miss the staff and the friends that won't be coming with me. And I seriously wish there was a hammer that could break this wicked hourglass that would eventually end this year.

I remember coming into 6th grade; everything was so different. It was like contained chaos everyday; I don't even remember when it became normal. I don't remember when these faces became familiar, when these new experiences became routine. 7th grade - the immaturity level seemed to increase instead of decrease, everyone knew everyone, and the laughter never ceased. 8th grade - it was time to work. And work we did...most of the time.

School took a new form, yet it seemed like nothing changed at all. And I wish it would never change.



The memories that we made here will be forever engraved within me. I'll never forget the laughs and stupid jokes we shared together, the obnoxiously loud bus rides, the lame pranks we pulled on teachers and students alike, the sweat-heavy victories on the court, and the blinding stage lights accompanied with awfully funny mistakes from the percussion and low brass.


But most importantly, I'll never forget the feelings we shared with each other everyday - the bonds that we created, the pain, happiness, excitement, and anxiety that we divided with each other, and the unbreakable kinship that we nursed over the three years together - it'll remain in my heart for eternity. More than anything, I wish I could do it all over again and enjoy it all over again.


The warm sense of belonging. The friendship that knew not of betrayal. The fun and laughter that would never end. The tears of a final farewell. Three years worth of memories that will be the only reminder left of these times. And of course, each other.

Those are the important things.

Comments

  1. Going to miss seeing your smiling face in the halls. Keep writing and sharing with the world! I remember when you started posting and writing in 6th grade. It's amazing to see how much you've grown as a student and person. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mr. Storm, for everything you've shown me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Asians Can't Drive"

The Perks of Being a Human

Stay, Time! Thou art so Beautiful!

The Heart of a Conquerer

Eyes of the Child