Translate

a poem for mom:

happy mother's day to all the moms out there
___

you - shaking worlds

you move me.
like six years old:
when my best friends and I
raced each other down the empty roads,
played hide and seek in the dark,
and rode our bikes til our legs gave out and then some more,
youth - the pinnacle of it, my favorite memories were then.
you move me like a burning fire in a kingdom of rock and ice
you, my candle in the night - a soft, protecting warmth
you move me
your confidence, strength, understanding, your faith
you inspire me
you stirred into life my desires and aspirations
and guided me away from the path of least resistance
and threw me to myself and told me to stay me
because you knew all i wanted to do was to be unlike me and be like you
fearless and unwavering, can i be like that, too - maybe?
you move me
like nine years old
when i met my grandmother for the very first time
and felt the age in her hands and saw the stars in her hair
and heard your loud, emphatic emotions in her voice,
your voice.
if i'm ever at a standstill, when my time seems to stop
you move me, spin me, send me back into motion,
always/infinitely/unquestioningly/indefinitely
like the earth moves with the sun
and the moon moves with the earth
i move to you, with you, for you




Image result for earth watercolor
Image result for moon watercolor
Image result for sun watercolor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Asians Can't Drive"

The Perks of Being a Human

Stay, Time! Thou art so Beautiful!

The Heart of a Conquerer

Eyes of the Child