Translate

A Birthday For Mom & Dad

To Mommy:

My lovely, hardworking mother that was always by me when I needed her. "I want to be like Mommy when I grow up." I told her that when I was seven. But I don't say that anymore. Now I aim to surpass her, however hard that may be.

Honestly, I could never repay her or thank her enough for all the times she supported me and helped me. She was always there to kiss my cuts, she was always there to whisper me words of encouragement, she was always there to heal my sadness. My mom is my hero, my idol, my warmth. Her strength and love are unquenchable, unconditional, unbeatable, and undeniable. I love you, Mom. Forever.

To Daddy:

Oh, the blissful memories of my father's strong arms carrying a sleeping me from the car to my bedroom. The memories of my father playing games with me and giving me piggyback rides. The memories of my father making me laugh so hard that I was soon pounding on the ground with my fists. Memories that will stay in my mind and in my heart until the end of time.

 My intelligent, humorous, and protective father that has never left my side. He's the king of the world, proud of himself and his family. No matter how many times his hard work goes unrewarded, he still works hard. I hope one day, my stride will be able to match his and that I can show the world his work and make them acknowledge his efforts. I love you, Dad, and I will love you until love ceases to exist.

Image result for family
_____

We owe everything to our parents. They made us who we are and shaped the beginning of our lives for us. They taught us not only how to speak and walk but they also taught us to hope, laugh, learn, and love. I can't even explain or express how much I appreciate their undying love and kindness towards me. My greatest desire in the world is to make them proud of me and that's what I aim to do.

"The only people who truly know your story, are the ones who help you write it." - Unknown

Comments

  1. That's a pretty cool birthday present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jack! I'm happy to say that my parents thought it was pretty cool, too.

      Nice profile picture, by the way.

      Delete
  2. I love reading your posts - your words are an inspiration to many of our students. Any parent would love to receive something like this for their birthday - it's invaluable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Asians Can't Drive"

The Perks of Being a Human

Stay, Time! Thou art so Beautiful!

The Heart of a Conquerer

Eyes of the Child