Translate

Metamorphisis

"I can't change the direction of the wind,
But I can adjust my sails
to always reach my destination."
- Jimmy Dean


I wish life was a constant - a never-changing constant. Constants always stays the same. Like math. One plus one is always two. Two plus one is always three. You can't ever find a different answer to one plus one or two plus one. But life - it's always changing, never constant.



            
Change is how the world works. Science is always changing. People are always changing. Life is always changing. Everything just has to adapt to it. And even if you don't adapt, life goes on. It always has and always will be.

To my future self (who will hopefully come back and read this and is stronger, stronger enough to change):

Change is a necessity. Life would be boring without something different - without new obstacles and new reasons to live for. Without change, there is no way that we could become better people. Without change, we'd have no butterflies. They start out as a tiny, vulnerable caterpillar. Only because there exists a thing called "Change" that they can become the beautiful creatures that they are.



People, in a sense, are just like those butterflies. We start out as fragile and incomplete caterpillars. Then we become a chrysalis. Inside there, we change and one day, we will finally emerge as a beautiful butterfly. We are all like caterpillars, waiting to burst open from their cocoons. Waiting to become a beautiful butterfly.


Comments

  1. What a timely post...I will be moving to 7th grade after 16 years of teaching 6th grade. This has been an extremely hard decision for me to come to terms with since I love what I do and have really enjoyed working with 6th graders. I love the idea of change and do believe it makes us grow as people, but I often wonder if change is good all the time? Is change easier to embrace when you can see the benefits of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Asians Can't Drive"

The Perks of Being a Human

Stay, Time! Thou art so Beautiful!

The Heart of a Conquerer

Eyes of the Child